Event Internships Boston
Spring, Summer & Fall Boston Event Internships
Are you ready to ready to roll up your sleeves and learn everything there is to know about planning and designing an event?
Whim is looking for highly motivated, hard working, self-starters for spring, summer and fall internships.
Whim’s internship provides a well rounded experience in the event industry, where interns must work in all departments, including Event Planning, Event Design, Floral Design, Marketing and day-to-day Studio Maintenance/Operations. The ideal candidate will have a positive and professional attitude and a willingness to work harder than they ever have before. Be ready to move, stand on your feet for long hours, hustle, get dirty in heels and lift heavy objects! Some jobs are tedious (like building spreadsheets), other jobs are more creative (like pinning cool ideas). The right candidate will be excited and rewarded to do both, as it is all in a days work. We are seeking creative, detail oriented people who see the value in learning the whole shebang with a small event business! Intern will be involved in:
- Event Timeline & Budget Creation
- Vendor Research
- Contract Reviews
- Account Management: Creating calendars + filing important client materials
- Design Concept + Sourcing
- Design Production: proofing + assembling favors, welcome bags, decor, stationary, invitation stuffing + invitation stamping, etc.
- Floral Assistance: cutting + cleaning flowers, washing/prepping vases + inventory, and tidying up studio for efficient production
- Marketing: promoting past events through our blog + social media channels
- Studio Maintenance: helping Whim run at our best on a daily basis by prepping studio for weekly client meetings, collating + printing inquiry materials, managing and refilling weekly office supplies.
Time + Requirements
5 days/week, Monday – Friday, and some weekends, for college credit.
Intern must be able to work 6 of the 12 weekends (or 50%) during the course of the of the internship. On weeks where a Saturday or Sunday is required, a day off or half day during the following week will be allotted. Intern must be knowledgable in Pages, Google Calendar & Google Drive. Photoshop experience a plus.
During the week, interns will spend (2) day doing marketing tasks, (2) days doing planning and design work, and (1) days assisting the floral department.
Applications + Interviews
Please email your resume and cover letter by 2/9 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be scheduled on Thursday 2/15/17.